Come with me and I’ll show you what I eat in a day. I also want to share two of my favourite meals with you!
Let’s start off with breakfast. In the morning I’m not hungry at all so the first thing that I do is drink a big glass of water to wake my body up.
Then I have a coffee or a cup of milk with cocoa powder (which is my favourite!).
Then I’ll probably get hungry before lunch time, so to fill my stomach a little I make some chamomile tea.
Lunch time! If you’re a chicken lover as I am this meal will light up your day.
The recipe is slightly adapted from Taste Food blog.
SMOKY ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST WITH WHITE BEANS AND TOMATOES
- 5 tbspoons extra-virgin olive oil (even more)
- 1 coffee spoon garlic powder
- 2 coffee spoons sweet paprika
- 1 coffee spoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 coffee spoon mix peppers (crushed)
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large chicken breast (boneless)
- Tomatoes (any kind, but cherries work better)
- A can of drained and rinsed chickpeas or white beans
Sauce and Greek yoghurt sauce
- Whisk oil, garlic powder, sweet paprika, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and crushed pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon to another to another bowl.
- Mix that oil with the yoghurt and the same amount of mayonnaise (put the mayonnaise in the yoghurt cup so there’s the same amount of yoghurt and moyonnaise).
- Heat the oven to 450ºF or 250Cº.
- Slice the chicken and put it in the bowl with the oil sauce (not the Greek yoghurt sauce) to mix everything with your hands.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet with oil underneath.
- Clean and peel-off the tomatoes, then cut them in half or cubes.
- Put the tomatoes and the chickpeas or the white beans around the chicken.
- Add salt and oil.
- Put in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with yoghurt sauce.
After lunch and before dinner I’ll probably make tea and eat whatever is around like tea biscuits or cheese or an apple.
And for dinner I make this super simple and tasty sandwich.
- I toast the bread on one side and spread a bit of mayonnaise. Then I add lettuce, tuna and low-fat ham.
So that’s what I eat in a day. I hope you try the chicken recipe because it’s delicious.
Have a great Friday. I will come back with another post very soon!