I got a mini humidifier for Christmas and I’m obsessed with it! (this is a similar one)
Humidifiers can help with:
- dry skin
- irritated eyes
- dryness in throat or airways
- frequent coughs
- dry lips
There are different types of humidifiers: central, ultrasonic, steam vaporizer… Mine is an ultrasonic one, which uses vibrations to vaporize water.
There are some risks of using vaporizer such as dirty humidifiers caused by not cleaning your device, too much humidity, using tap water instead of pure water…
You can use essential on your skin or your body by rubbing them on your face, temples, back, legs or arms. You can also add essential oils to your humidifier to get benefits just by breathing:
What are they useful for:
- To fall asleep: use oils like lavender, patchouli, sandalwood, chamomile, cedar, bergamot…
- To relieve anxiety: rose, ylang-ylang, orange, sandalwood, geranium…
- To boost mental activity: rosemary, basil, peppermint, grapefruit, pine…
- To have instant energy: ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, jasmine…
To treat inflammation: remember that you can rub them on your skin for more efficient results.
- Acne and skin irritation: tea tree oil, lavender, oregano, bergamot, rosemary, helichrysum.
- Muscle inflammation: peppermint, eucalyptus, wintergreen, chamomile, nutmeg, ginger, cayenne, rosemary, black pepper.
- Sore throat: eucalyptus, peppermint, ginger, lemon, tea tree, sage, rosemary.
Here are some of those essential oils for you to try:
Hope you learned something useful with this post!
Have a nice Thursday. I will come back with another post very soon!