My mouth starts to water every time I see an apple pie, like in a bakery or in a TV Show (I blame you Supernatural). One day I came across this recipe that looked so easy and the photo was calling me so I made it!
My mom said that it was going to be way too big for a first try, so I used half of the quantities, so instead of making it of 12 portions, I did it of 6.
Let’s start with the ingredients:
- 125 g. flour
- 375 g. apples (I used 1 and 1/4)
- 62.5 g. butter
- 50 g. sugar
- 3 teaspoon of apricot marmalade
- 1 egg
Now the steps I followed:
- Mix butter, sugar, egg, and flour, give it the form of a ball and put it in plastic wrap in the fridge for 30 minutes. (It’s a really sticky mixture so make sure to put flour everywhere)
- Peal the apples, cut the heart out and cut them in very thin slices.
- Butter the baking pan.
- Extend the mix with a rolling pin and put it in the baking pan. (This was the moment that I realized that there wasn’t enough mixture)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170º C (if it has a fan put it to 150º C)
- Put the apple slices on the pie (like a fan), put them pretty close to each other and spread 2 teaspoon of marmalade on them.
- Leave the pie in the oven for 25 minutes. (I don’t remember correctly but I left it in the oven for more than that. Until it looked golden)
So that was the recipe that I followed. But the pie did not look like the one in the book, so I thought I failed, until I try it and it was DELICIOUS!!
As you can see the pie on the book is thick and mine is way too thin.
So it was a fail for how it was supposed to look like, but it was a total WIN of how it tasted!
I will try this recipe again with the measurements for 12 portions, and see what happens. Or maybe use a smaller moulde.
My love for apple pie hasn’t change a bit if not grown, so tell me what is your favourite pie?
Have a great Wednesday. I will come back with another post very soon!